No. California Career Day Encourages Students to Look at Opportunities in Business Aviation
From aircraft maintenance to pilots to dispatchers and more – the career prospects in business aviation are endless.
That was the message industry professionals had for area college students who came out to the Northern California Business Aviation Association’s (NCBAA) annual Career Day, held Sept. 5 at San Jose International Airport, prior to NBAA’s San Jose Regional Forum on Sept. 6.
Sheryl Barden, president and CEO of recruiting firm Aviation Personnel International, said the industry is “hungry for young talent,” and she urged students to start making contacts now while still in school.
She congratulated them on taking the first step, by coming to the NCBAA Career Day, but there’s more the students should be doing. For example, she said:
- Build your personal brand through a professional social media preference
- Create a simple business card to hand out at events
- Follow up with people who give you their business card
- Create a resume and website that talks about who you are
- Ask local operators for informational interviews