Nine “game changers,” mostly in business aviation, will deliver inspirational video messages to attendees at NBAA’s 2015 Leadership Conference, which takes place Feb. 24 to 26 in Tucson, AZ.
The videos, which will be shown throughout the conference, feature nine individuals discussing how they achieved success in their fields, and are in keeping with the conference’s theme, “Inspire. Innovate. Influence.” The best leaders influence others through their passion and vision, inspire by exuding enthusiasm and embrace innovation and life-long education.
“There are so many great people and businesses throughout our industry, and this is one way we can recognize and tell their story – and the story of business aviation,” said Jeannine Falter, vice president of business development at Duncan Aviation and a co-chair of the conference, which is planned by NBAA’s Corporate Aviation Management Committee (CAMC).
The nine game changers are:
- Pete Agur, of The VanAllen Group, who influenced business aviation leaders to better align and manage their respective organizations.
- Janice Barden, of Aviation Personnel International, who influenced the quality of personnel flying airplanes.
- Robert Duncan, of Duncan Aviation, who applied innovative ideas to make aviation services readily accessible to customers.
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes, an English adventurer, who inspired risk-taking by exploring remote regions on Earth.
- Joan Sullivan Garrett, of MedAire, who promoted standardized access to medical services on business aircraft.
- Benn Isaacman, who elevated the importance of interior cabin design in business jets.
- Chuck McKinnon, retired from the IBM Flight Department, who encouraged greater cabin business amenities and the use of technology in the cabin.
- Greg Evans, of Universal Weather, who developed new solutions to support business aviation flight access and planning.
- Russ Meyer, of Textron, a longtime industry leader and advocate who led passage of revitalization legislation that promoted industry growth.
More than 400 aviation managers, chief pilots, maintenance managers, safety officers, schedulers, dispatchers and flight attendants are expected to attend the conference, which also includes presentations by highly regarded leadership experts and authors.
Scheduled conference speakers include:
- Tom Flick: A former college and NFL quarterback, Flick is president of a communications company and a leadership expert. He will provide attendees with insights on how the best leaders influence and inspire to create a successful business culture.
- Ross Bernstein: Author of nearly 50 sports books, Bernstein has interviewed thousands of athletes and applies the stories and lessons he has written about to the business world.
- Kristin Arnold: President and founder of Quality Process Consultants, Inc., Arnold will facilitate a dialogue with the audience about leadership and critical issues facing business aviation today and in the future.